Indoor Air Quality describes quality of air within and around buildings, particularly as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants. Understanding common indoor pollutants and how to control them can help improve the overall health environment of building occupants.
Indoor air pollutants can cause adverse health effects immediately or years later.
The health effects can range from the uncomfortable to the seriously debilitating.
Many pollutants can be identified and easily removed. These include such materials as building material like asbestos, some furniture made of certain pressed wood products, new carpet or upholstery, chemical cleaning products and excess moisture. Where it becomes a little more problematic is the control of air quality.
Managing air quality is a critical facet in ensuring the health and safety of your workers.
Here are some steps you can take to manage the improvement of air quality.
- Assess the current state of air quality and develop plans to address any identified issues.
- Arrange to educate and train staff about air quality issues and develop air pollutant source management strategies where appropriate.
- Pro-actively manage any potential air pollutants including such things as chemical pest control, smoking, remodelling materials and exhaust fumes on loading bays etcetera
- Consider appointing an in-house air quality rep to be responsible for all indoor air quality issues.
- Manage indoor floor space to ensure regular air flow throughout the building.
- Involve all staff in the monitoring of air quality.
Of course, maintaining a clean safe environment for your workforce requires professional input. Envy Cleaning Solutions is a Melbourne based Commercial Cleaning company that has a proven track record in providing total cleaning solutions for a variety of commercial cleaning clients. Call us today to discuss your clean air requirements well as all your cleaning needs.