Typically, office workers work in an environment where they breath recycled air through air conditioning systems. In such an environment, it is very easy for germs to thrive. It is critical, therefore, to recognise the dangers associated with this and take every step necessary to keep the office environment healthy. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of common hazards that can cause breathing difficulties and some suggested actions to mitigate the risk.
- Miniature dirt particles are a constant source of breathing difficulties and the best way to combat this is to employ a regular damp dusting program.
- Air conditioners themselves are often a breeding ground for germs. A regular cleaning and maintenance and program of all air conditioning and heating systems should be implemented to reduce the incidence of dust mites floating through the system.
- Carpets are a breeding ground for dust mites harbouring trapped dust in their fabric. These dust particles can cause breathing difficulties. A regular vacuum program interspersed with steam cleaning on at least an annual basis will go a long way towards keeping this danger under control.
- A less obvious source of germs are those hard to get at nooks and crannies that every office has. Dust gets trapped in places like the corners of chairs, the computer keyboard keys and underneath tables. Unless, these issues are attended to regularly, its only a matter of time before dust mites and various moulds begin to infect the office.
- Chemical disinfectants are often used to combat office contaminants. While well intentioned, the use of disinfectants may cause more difficulties unless you have the expertise to match the right to disinfectant to the office environment.
- Pest control can also help improve the air quality. Pests, like mice and other vermin can pollute the air and cause problems with breathing and in some cases provoke asthma attacks. To combat this, it may be necessary to engage an active pest control program as well as cleaning and treating mould.
In the event that you feel that you may need to review your office cleaning program or to engage the services of a professional cleaning contractor, Envy cleaning is just a phone call today. We look forward to receiving your call.