One visit to an organisation’s wash room will help visitors form lasting impressions about the overall business.
Employees and customers alike are likely to visit your wash rooms multiple times. Your wash room tells them about your commitment to cleanliness and hygiene.
To ensure that you make the right impression with clients and employees alike here is a helpful guide to keeping your wash rooms are kept in pristine condition.
Some of these tips may appear obvious but it’s handy to check them off in any case.
- Ensure that hand napkins are always available. There’s nothing worse than being unable to access basic hygiene needs. Hand napkins help in preventing the spread of germs.
- Ensure that you have designated employees available to respond to any cleaning situations that require immediate attention. Accidents happen and it’s good to be prepared.
- Use effective floor cleaners that will kill germs while not having any impact on people.
- Commode cleaning is critical. Ensure that whatever chemicals you choose to clean these areas meet three key standards. 1/ The chemicals are effective in killing germs. 2/ That chemicals effectively neutralise any unpleasant odours. 3/ That all chemicals are eco-friendly.
- A regular disinfection program should be maintained in all wash rooms. This will assist in preventing any dangerous micro organisms from gaining a foothold in your wash room.
- A cleaning program specifically catering to the use of wash rooms should be designed to meet the needs of the numbers of people who use the wash room on a daily basis.
- It is imperative that your wash rooms are compliant with all government standards and laws that protect the health of wash room users.
- Water supply should be maintained at all times. If, for some reason, water is not available, wash rooms should be tagged as being out of order.
- Some thought should be given to how to deal with out of the ordinary working hours.
Besides implementing a wash room cleaning strategy, it is also beneficial to embark on a basic toilet etiquette education program. The standard you walk past is the standard that you accept. Reinforcing basic standards and listing unacceptable behaviour such as leaving rubbish on floors instead of the bins, leaving commodes un-flushed or flushing items that aren’t meant to be flushed will help you to maintain good wash room standards.
As with most business activities, it may be wise to investigate contracting an expert cleaning service to take care of your wash room cleaning activities. You can rely upon Envy Cleaning Solutions to deliver a wash room cleaning service that is hygienic, economical and most importantly will have your wash rooms in sparkling condition